Stapolin ETNS opened a new Specific Speech and Language (SSLD) Class in September 2021.
The aim of the class is to provide children who meet the DE criteria and the local criteria for Stapolin ETNS SSLD Class, the opportunity to spend one or two years in a small class setting where they can receive intensive educational and speech & language therapy support (DE Circular 0038/2007). The place is offered initially for one year. The class is staffed by a full time Teacher employed by the DE and a part time Speech & Language Therapist employed by the local HSE area. No more than seven children will be enrolled in the class each year.
Applications for referrals are accepted from Speech and Language Therapists and Psychologists only.
Applications should be made to the School Principal with the relevant accompanying documentation listed below from Thursday 1st February 2024.
Parents may make enquiries directly to the School Principal or HSE Speech & Language Therapist. The child’s Speech & Language Therapist or Psychologist co-ordinates the referral to the SSLD Class having discussed this in detail with parents/guardians and other professionals involved with the child.
The closing date for applications to the SSLD Class for September 2024 is Friday 8th March 2024 at 4pm
- Form A – Stapolin ETNS Referral & Consent Form for SSLD Class
- A recent Psychological Report (within the last 2 years of referral date).
- An up-to-date Speech and Language Therapy report (compiled within 3 months of referral date) confirming a diagnosis of Specific Speech and Language Disorder (SSLD).
- Form B – Stapolin ETNS School Report Form for SSLD Class.
- Other Reports: if relevant (e.g. Audiology, OT, Medical, Social, Psychiatry)
Information for referral agents and parents can be found in the following leaflets:
Any queries about this application process can be emailed to Clodagh at firstname.lastname@example.org